The Wave story is told around the world in theater plays and musicals. There are many to be found on YouTube. Here are some primary productions.
Original Third Wave teacher Ron Jones debuted his play “The Third Wave” in San Francisco. It has been performed numerous times by schools around the US, and by other theater groups including productions in Jerusalem (2013), the National Theatre in Athens, Greece (2014), and Hong Kong. The script is available at Dramatic Publishing.
Past productions have included:
– Glendale HS, Springfield, MO, (April 18-20, 2019)
– Mercy High School, San Francisco, CA (201_ & 2018)
– Bob Jones HS, Madison, AL (2019)
– Greenville High Academy, SC (2019) (full and one-act)
– Iowa Falls-Alden HS, Iowa Falls, IA (2019)
– Community Middle School, Shelbyville, TX (2017)
– San Diego Patio Playhouse (2017)
– Central Memorial HS, Calgary, Canada (2016)
– By SPLASH at Calichezap, Brussels, Belgium (2015)
– Southmoore HS, OK (2014) (1-act play, placed 2nd in State!)
– Fairview High School, Boulder, CO (2014)
– Winchester College, Winchester, England (2013, PDF, PDF)
– W. Michigan Christian High School, Muskegon, MI (2013)
– Yeshiva Univ. HS for Girls, Holliswood, NY (2013)
– Children’s Theatre of Charlotte, NC (2013)
– Valley Forge High School, Parma, OH (2013)
– Mother McAuley HS, Chicago, IL (2012)
– Struthers High School, Struthers, OH
– Jack C. Hays High School, Buda, TX
“The Third Wave Musical” was written by original Third Wave teacher Ron Jones, and premiered at the Marsh Theater in San Francisco in 2010. Music was by David Denny, Kathy Peck, and Emily Klion. Samples of the music can be heard via the script publisher’s page, Dramatic Publishing.
The play “La Ola” was produced by Marc Montserrat Drukker in Madrid, Spain at the Centro Dramatico Nacional, in February/March of 2015. It was very successful, with sellouts and additional dates. Reviews can be seen at Marc’s webpage for the play. A documentary was made by the RTVE show Cronicas called “La Pregunta,” with photos on this webpage and the trailer here.
“The Wave” musical was composed and written by Olaf Pyttlik and first performed in Winnipeg, Canada in 2001. It is like a rock opera, and the music can be heard via this YouTube playlist (or here), or purchased at CDBaby.
It has also been performed in the US, Germany, Netherlands; and an excellent production was performed in Antwerp, Belgium by The Singing Factory in 2016 – photos at their Facebook page, and it is reviewed here.
Logan Kovach (aka Jon Kovach) performs his one-man show “The Wave” which he wrote in conjunction with Ron Jones. He premiered it in 2013 at the Cincinnati Fringe Festival (where it was brought back in 2104), and has since performed it at the San Diego Fringe Festival, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, the Bay Street Theater on Long Island, and at both The Tank and the New Ohio Theatre in New York City. Logan’s webpage for the show is here, and another here. A review article is here.
Or Matias has completed his new Wave musical, with the world premiere scheduled at Landestheater Linz in Austria in December, 2020. His earlier pages for the project are here, including audio links (check out Prologue!). And here is an article about the project and team. Also a few more early videos here.